by Val Koinen
January 26, 2015
Remembering the teachings of the major religions, and using the term 'God' in a generic sense for the many different concepts of a 'supreme being':
- 'GOD' created the Earth and everything on it.
- 'GOD' is good.
- 'GOD' is loving and compassionate.
- 'GOD' is all-knowing.
- 'GOD' is all-powerful.
- 'GOD' is just; 'GOD' is fair.
- All things are a result of 'HIS' plan.
- Everything happens in accordance with 'GOD's' will.
- 'HE' rules the universe according to 'HIS' design.
- There are (and always have been) wars, large and small, including religious wars, that have killed millions and otherwise devastated the lives of the people caught up in them.
- The cannon fodder of all those wars has for the most part been the lowly, innocent soldiers and civilians rather than the leaders (perpetrators).
- There are natural disasters, for example landslides that bury churches full of innocent worshippers and their children, killer earthquakes and volcanic eruptions that destroy entire villages, devastating storms such as hurricanes and tornados, floods, and tsunamis.
- There are diseases of all kinds; including terrible, crippling, disfiguring, and life-threatening (and life-shortening) childhood diseases.
- There are famines during which countless thousands of people die the horrible death of starvation.
- There have always been so many murderers in our societies who kill innocents; including homicidal maniacs, mass murderers, and serial killers.
- We have rapists running rampant in our cities.
- There are so many innocents maimed and killed in countless random accidents each and every day, all over the planet, including busloads of kids on church outings who are killed in fiery crashes or when the buses are swept into flood-swollen rivers (and why, when those things happen, the true believers invariably credit 'God' with saving the lucky one or two but never blame 'God' for causing the accident or at least allowing it to happen in the first place, or for failing to save all those who perish).
- We hear so often of little children in our towns and cities who are torn to pieces and killed by vicious dogs.
- There are 'Siamese twins' and countless other horrible birth defects.
- It is most often the innocent victims of drunk-driving auto crashes that are crippled, paralyzed, or killed; and not the drunk drivers who cause the accidents.
- We have never-ending racial strife all over the world.
- Our White race and Western Civilization have had to put up with the crippling, anti-White, and genocidal 'Jewish problem' for so long.
- Mankind has forever had to suffer the hordes of flies, mosquitos, gnats, no-see-ums, and chiggers that are 'genetically programmed' to torment people.
- There are countless mutually exclusive, conflicting and antagonistic organized religions (religious doctrines) all founded in 'His' name.
- Good people can move into a neighborhood, and just because they don't share the religious beliefs of a preponderance of their neighbors, they are ostracized, mistreated, or worse.
- We have so many homos and pedophiles running all over the place.
- There are so many other unjust, terrible, tragic, evil, and horrendous things going on all the time, each and every day; and there is so much human suffering in the world.
- While 'God' is never blamed for all of those things, 'He' is constantly given direct credit and heartfelt thanks for the countless good and beautiful things in our world.
- Any rational, modern, intelligent person should readily accept the explanation (of at least one of the major religions) that many of these and other ills, evils, wrongdoings, and iniquities that beset our world are the result of a naive young lady a long time ago deciding to eat an apple after she was told to do so by a talking snake.
- It should make perfect sense to any thinking, rational person that a few unenlightened and superstitious tribesmen of several thousand years ago would have had a better, more accurate and more precise understanding of all this (the whole 'God'/religion concept) than we far more knowledgeable people (about everything else) of the year 2015, even though our countless advancements in and immensely greater understanding of everything else down through the centuries have reshaped virtually every other aspect of the world in which we live. (It just makes sense that we accept the 'adult fairy tale' about how they witnessed and recognized it first-hand, understood it, and wrote the numerous (albeit conflicting) 'guidebooks' about it; while we moderns must just accept it all on faith.)
- The best and surest way to know whether or not a belief-system or any other kind of story is true is to ask yourself: 'is it based on some factual, scientific data or at least credible evidence, established historical events, and/or rational analysis?' Or, alternately, 'is it based on a purely mystical foundation and blind faith?' Well of course – now I see – it just stands to reason that if the former, it must be evil deception and obfuscation; if the latter, then it simply must be true – hallelujah, you have found the way!
- Articles such as this must be presented anonymously because, as a practical matter and as a direct result of the self-righteousness, intolerance, mean-spiritedness, hatred, and vindictiveness of the most faithful among 'His' flock; to do otherwise would invite all manner of malicious derision, work deprivation (financial loss), harassment in the community, probably damage to property, and 'God knows' what other kinds of retribution at the hands of those religious believers in and followers of 'God.'
The point? Simply to shine a spotlight on the illogical, superstitious, delusional, ridiculous, and blind-faith nature of 'God belief.' But never mind – all one has to do is 'keep the faith,' and 'all things shall come to pass.' Looking over the above list, it seems the religious thinkers may have got at least one thing right, if one is to subscribe to religious dogma: 'God' is to be feared!